Hughsons-rogueriver.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Best of the Best:
Wilderness Systems Alpha Angler Glass Kayak Fishing Paddle, lightest and most effecient paddle.
Oceanboard Kayak Paddle, for beginners just trying out paddles
Poseidon Angler Kayak Paddle, best for the price
If you are going to be using a paddle for a long time, it is of utmost importance you do not get injured! So a proper and comfortable paddle is a critical to having a good time while Kayak Fishing.
All of the Paddles in this list are handpicked. So after purchasing and unpackaging, these things will be ready to hit the water!
#1 Kayak Fishing Paddle
Best of the Best!
- Very Light
- Twist to Adjust
- Aggresive Blade Design
- It costs so much, I could buy a kayak with this money
Holy cow! This thing is beauitful. I can say I’ve had the privelege of holding one of these things in my hand, and it is one of the most gorgeous things I’ve ever seen. It’s so light, and built for kayak fishing. This thing gets me going fast, in no time, and I’m old! I just want to reiterate how light this thing. 27oz, thats not even 2 pounds! Its like wielding a lightsaber! IT’S MADE OF CARBON FIBER AND GLASS.
- Features a powerful and aggressive blade design – the ideal choice for the hardworking Angler who wants to fish in any conditions.
- Designed to give kayak anglers plenty of power to achieve and maintain faster speeds on the water.
- The Alpha Paddle can be adjusted to fit virtually any paddler with a simple flip of the low-profile lever and works with both high/low seating systems found in most fishing kayaks.
- Adjustable length – 240cm base length expandable to 260cm Ultra-lightweight carbon fiber composite blade – weighs only 27 oz.
#2 Kayak Fishing Paddle
Best Mid-Range Option
- Easy To Use
- Great Look
- Lots of Pockets
- Cheaper Quality
- Only Supports Up To 206lbs
Like some of the others on this list this is a snap together two piece Kayak paddle. It is a higher end option for those of you who have the cash to blow! This thing is super nice, but I can’t help but notice its a bit heavier than the Wilderness Systems Blade. It is a lot smoother in the water than the cheaper options on this list, and is more durable.
- Made in the United States of America, in Osceola, Wisconsin.
- The kayak paddle has been designed with anglers in mind.
Fiberglass reinforced blades are lightweight and durable, with a hook retrieval system for freeing line from snags, rescuing lures, and landing large fish.
- The fiberglass paddle shaft has a built-in measurement system for easy reference when measuring your catch (in inches and centimeters).
The telescoping ferrule allows for a variety of feathering angles and paddle lengths.
#3 Kayak Fishing Paddle
Best for Intermediate Adventurers
- Adjustable and Works for Everyone!
- Sleek Design
- Exceptional functionality
The Poseidon Angler Fishing Lightweight Kayak Paddle, is a best seller for a reason! I loved trying out this paddle! It has a beautiful shaft that fits your hand perfectly, and the way it moves in and out of the water is just perfect! Super light and super durable, I banged this thing around and dropped it many times, and it still works perfect!
- Ready to fish – Hook recovery system and integrated Tape measurement for wider kayaks along the 98 shaft.
- Impact resistant polypropylene blade reinforced with fiberglass for durability
- Engineered to Preform: The shaft ergonomically fits the hand, and is very light
- Adjustable drip rings to keep your hands dry to variable grip angle from0-65 degrees
#4 Kayak Fishing Paddle
Best Standard Paddle for Beginners
- Aluminum Shaft
- Great Color Choices
- Plastic Head
And we’re back with our scond option from Pelican. Now it’s no poseidon paddle, but it is a solid and high quality option for beginners. The main difference is that the blade is made from plastic instead of metal, or carbon fiber. The Pelican Standard will not do you wrong, and if you just want a solid paddle at a low price this is a great option!
- 3M reflectors are CE certified and SOLAS approved.
- Lightweight and comfortable neoprene neckline for all-day wear.
- Belt that can be adjusted Reusable, washable, and easy to air dry.
- Fits any adult. Slender design keeps you cool in hot conditions.
- This life jacket has a buoyancy of 150N and is suitable for adults weighing less than 330 pounds (150kg)
#5 Kayak Fishing Paddle
Best on Budget
- Good for beginners
- Materials are questionable
- Might be easier to break if you are kayaking hard
The cheapest option on this list, but not a bad one! The OCEANBOARD kayak paddle was noticeabley flimsier than other paddles, but would definitely last a year or two! The paddle is a bit harsh, and not very flexible, but that can be useful at times! Overall a great beginner or just beater paddle!
- Easy to use, the oar shaft features a shrinking PE tube cover. It gives your hands a better grip, preventing blisters. When kayaking in cold weather, your hands, in particular, will not be affected by the alloy’s cold sensation.
- Materials: This kayak paddle features a high-quality aluminum alloy shaft (1.1mm shell thickness) and a fiberglass reinforced PP blade. The material combination ensures a stiff and long-lasting kayak paddle at a lower cost. It’s an excellent choice for both beginning and intermediate kayakers.
- Totale length of 86 inches: It’s ideal for narrow kayakers. It is also detachable in two sections, allowing you to carry it in two different ways.
- Free paddle leash!
- Easily refundable